GEAR LLC is looking to hire experienced HVAC Service Technician to join our staff to work on projects in the Knoxville, TN area. Candidates should have at least 3 years of previous HVAC or Sheet metal experience in commercial projects. We have a strong commitment to customer service, values, and integrity.
Are you a breath of fresh air to hot office?
Are you someone that can handle the heat and bring the cool skills we are looking for?
Are you tired of puns and just need a job?
THEN CLICK APPLY NOW and submit your resume.
- Replace, modify, and or install warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters, and related ductwork, piping and electrical to meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations and local codes.
- Be able to startup installed equipment, and adjust to the manufacturers and job specification.
- Be able to troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise during an installation that would keep the equipment from functioning properly.
- Communicate to the consumer on the proper operation and owner’s maintenance of the installed equipment. Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
- Perform required documentation for each installation with a complete startup record. Have the client sign necessary paperwork and collect payments as directed.
- Customer service orientation.
- Become knowledgeable of various municipalities' plan requirements, permit requirements and submittal processes.
- Communicate with Field Installation Supervisor throughout each project in order to assure proper, prompt completion of the job.
- Continuously improve knowledge of construction in general
- Establish goals and objectives as they relate to the position, along with a plan of action to attain or exceed set goals.
- Regularly review and monitor progress against goals, and seek assistance as needed.
- Communicate effectively with associates, superiors, vendors, and customers.
- Determine customer satisfaction with follow up on all installation.
- Ask and obtain customer referral’s and web recommendations
- Possess superior interpersonal skills.
- Helps identify problems with heating, ventilation, and/or air conditioning systems for commercial and industrial customers.
- Carefully examines the equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Assists HVAC foreman in the repair or replacement of defective equipment, mechanical components, or wiring within the HVAC system.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks and inspections on HVAC equipment.
- Inspects HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety.
- Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions, to include invoices.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment, tools, and HVAC resources
- Should be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings and specification.
- Can accurately list/order materials and supplies for use on the job.
- Can work under time constraints, budgetary limits, and pressures.
- Efficiently manage his/her time and schedules.
- Be computer literate to the extent necessary to fulfill this function. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Should also be very familiar with the use of smartphones, email, and outlook.
- Be capable of understanding client needs, and favorably influence their decision. Constantly be learning through training from suppliers, trade shows, seminars, independent study, and other employees.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet)
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders, on/off equipment and work from various height
- Able and willing to walk, stand, bend, and sit for long periods of time
- Able to use your hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Often works individually with little supervision as well as in team environments.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately when dealing with customers, other departments, and/or personnel at all levels.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Have standard PPE such as hard, safety glasses, hi-vis vest, and steel toe boots
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required
- Must hold state HVAC technician license
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Must hold state driver’s license
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES to the Knoxville, TN area. Interview and Hire can be done in the same day for the right candidate. Candidates MUST be experienced and must be able to pass a drug screen. These are full-time positions with benefits!
CLICK NOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and professional references for consideration. If you do not have a resume, please forward your contact information and how much experience you do have as well as your salary requirements.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Pay: $18 to $24/hour
$18 to $24 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time