GEAR LLC, has an opening for a Material Handler. This job covers a wide range of job assignments that are involved in material handling and/or the operation of relatively unsophisticated processing equipment.
Please call to speak to a recruitment specialist 865-724-2184
The Material Handler will be involved in the receipt of inbound inventory, placing material into storage, pulling inventory from storage to fill customer orders, loading material on trucks and trailers for outbound shipment, load / unload material from processing machines, performing cleaning / packaging processes to fill customer orders, operate processing equipment when needed, and contributing to improved efficiency performance of machines meeting set standards.
Daily Duties typically assigned to employees in this classification include:
- Fork lift operation
- Cleaning parts
- Load outgoing trucks
- Pull stock
- General material handling or warehouse work
- Yard Dog operation
- Any other activity that might be required of the employee at any given time
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
- Frequent lifting, reaching, and handling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are acceptable.
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience Required:This position requires at least 6 months experience in truck/delivery driving or forklift certification.
Shift: Must be able to work Monday - Friday. Overtime will be required as needed.
Benefits:GEAR LLC, offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
Qualifications/Training:Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading; good written and verbal communication skills; and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period. Certification required to progress through various machine operator levels.
Job Status: Full Time