Millwrights & Laborers Needed
We are looking for Pipefitters, Welders, and Millwrights for a shutdown in the Owensboro, KY area. They will be working day shift, long hours with OT. Need to be mechanically minded, have hand/power tools, and must have PPE (Safety glasses, Hardhat, Hi-Vis Vest, Steel toed boots).
So CLICK APPLY NOW and submit your resume for consideration.
- Able to TIG/MIG weld
- Read blueprints
- Make structural boxes or platforms
- Work within time limits
- Use material handling equipment safely
- Familiarity with standard structural steel fabrication practices for welding, cutting, drilling and punching steel
- Pipe fitting, soldering, copper tube up to 3” diameter.
- The ability to cut and fit copper tubing and perform material layout.
- A good understanding and applications of pumps, valves, gauges, and heat exchangers.
- Basic fabrication skills such as milling, drilling, tapping, cutting, and grinding.
- Abilities to independently perform basic mechanical problem-solving and repairs.
- Brazing is a plus.
- Previous work experience in the field of Industrial Equipment Maintenance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to interpret information from a drawing or blueprint.
- Ability to use a cutting torch applying safe operating procedures
- Ability to read dial indicators and measuring instruments with a variety of increments
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex machinery
- Ability to use measuring instruments (tape, scale, squares etc.)
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with others (giving and receiving direction) and work independently and unsupervised
- Must have own tools
- Physically demanding position requiring the ability to regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain
- Dig pits, trenches, and foundations in preparation for job site construction
- Operate heavy machinery, including construction vehicles
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at the job site
- Direct traffic when necessary to ensure the safety of pedestrians, motorists, and work crew
- Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- MUST HAVE PPE (Safety glasses, Hardhat, Hi-Vis Vest, Steel toed boots)
- Bare minimum Tools: Hammer, Screwdrivers, Tapemeasure, Level, Socket and ratchet set
GEAR LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Pay: $18 to $22/hour
$18 to $22 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time