GEAR LLC, has an opening for a Machine Operator/Production Worker. This job covers a wide range of job assignments that are involved in manufacturing production and/or the operation of relatively unsophisticated processing equipment.
Please call to speak with a recruitment specialist today at 865-724-2184
Description:Inspects cones (includes inner race and rollers) for conformity to customer and Association of American Railroads specifications, using measuring instruments. Also, examines cones for defects such as cracks, water etchings, nicks, etc. Repairs minor defects. Cleans, de-burrs, polishes, or grinds items of metal using a hand grinder, wire brush or buffing cloth. Rejects or re-grades products not meeting specifications. Inputs information covering materials scrapped or salvaged into the computer terminal. Assist in the assembly of cups and cones prior to the lateral operation; if required. Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or company management.
Overall Purpose:Visually inspect products for conformity to customer specifications.
Daily Duties typically assigned to employees in this classification include:
- Use of inspection equipment, calibers, magnifying glass, etc.
- Cleaning parts
- Load finished parts onto racks
- Use of simple hand tools
- Pull parts off line to check for quality control
- General manufacturing or warehouse work
- Follow safety guidelines and compliance of production standards
- Any other activity that might be required of the employee at any given time
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
- Frequent lifting, reaching, and handling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are acceptable.
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience Required:No experience is required
Shift: Must be able to work Monday - Friday. Overtime will be required as needed.
Benefits:GEAR LLC, offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Safety Training
Qualifications/Training:Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading; good written and verbal communication skills; and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period. Certification required to progress through various machine operator levels.
Interview and Hire can be done in same day for the right candidate. Candidates MUST be experienced and must be able to pass a drug screen. These are full time positions with benefits!
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and professional references for consideration. If you do not have a resume, please forward your contact information and how much experience you do have as well as your salary requirements.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Status: Full Time