GEAR LLC is currently hiring a person to do purchasing and inventory control in the Maryville, TN area.
The role of the Purchasing/ Inventory Control is Managing and directing the purchasing and inventory control functions and activities for the company. Analyzing inventory levels and costs in order to maintain optimal levels. Relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintains consistent communication and planning with Management regarding new items
- Develops and implements purchasing and inventory control procedures and sequence of operations within department to optimize work flow.
- Determines min/max for stock to ensure proper customer satisfaction procedures.
- Oversees disposal of surplus material or scrap products.
- Monitors purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Reviews weekly inventory trends and discusses variations with management
- Negotiates with supplier for delivery, quality, price, and conditions of sale.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as directed by senior management.
- Maintains stock item master, identifying incorrect stock numbers or descriptions and overall data integrity of items categorization and classification.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Candidate must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office and QuickBooks.
- Combined experiences in purchasing, inventory and some general warehouse
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with vendors.
- College Degree in business and/or equivalent work experience
- Good interpersonal skills and some supervision background.
- Ability to work with others
If interested please submit a resume and call 865 724 2184.
Job Status: Full Time