GEAR LLC is currently hiring a Quality Technician for the Maryville, TN area.
Quality assurance and quality control are elements of a quality management system. They consist of an organized effort to keep the quality of a product or a service to a consistently high standard by setting up and operating a series of checking procedures.
Role and Responsibilities
- Performance of day-to-day quality assurance tasks such as CMM measurement, inspections, studies, preparation of all internally and externally required reports and documentation.
- Act as a customer or supplier liaison during resolution of issues related to non-conforming product or materials.
- Maintenance of existing ISO 9001:2008/TS 16949:2009 system and design and implementation of enhancements as required.
- Essential to be able to read prints, be familiar with geometric tolerances
- Development of new quality requirements including processes procedures and records that may be vital to meet ongoing customer needs.
- Develop and maintain all appropriate and required Level I, II, and III documents.
- Create and maintain all required customer-driven documents such as PPAP and other Non-Conformance processes for both customers and suppliers
- Analysis of process capability using principles of CP/CPK
- Inspection of incoming materials, periodic in process checks and final inspections
- Maintenance of all appropriate and required records
- Initiate and administer activity related to planning quality assurance for new production as well as improvement in current.
- Administer all formal documentation and processes required; Process Flow Charts, Control Plans, Capability Studies
Qualifications and Requirements
The candidate should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. Must be a team player and have outstanding writing, editing, data entry, and proofreading skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
Job Status: Full Time